Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
A veteran passed away
thewoundingofcharliewilber.com Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  A veteran passed away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

A veteran passed away  This thread currently has 1,291 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
peter van der linden
September 5, 2008, 4:33pm Report to Moderator

Medium Member
Sadly I have to inform you that my neighbor Mr. Arnaud de Jong passed away yesterday in the presence of me and his wife miss Annie de Jong.
Seven weeks ago when I was on my holyday I got a phone call from miss de Jong about Arnaud.
She told me Arnaud had suffered a bad stroke and was hospitalized.
After having an ammonia with the stroke and being paralyzed on his left side his condition worsened over this weekend.
Yesterday Sept 4 at 09.20 he quietly passed away from us in the 2 Steden Hospital at the age of 80 years old.
Arnaud was the one that encourage me to search for information about the Queen-City and making the story about it known to the people in Oisterwijk.
Arnuad was born on Nov 5 1927 in Baden-Baden in post war Germany.
After working at the Dutch embassy in Baden-Baden for the Dutch consul in that city he moved to Holland and enlisted in the Dutch army.
He was intrigued by story’s about Dutch Indonesia and Decided to enlist at the KNIL, Koninklijk, Nederlandsch, Indisch, Leger.
This Royal Dutch Indonesian Army brought him to Dutch Indonesia where there was a conflict just after ww2.
He was in that army for 3 years and got the veteran status.
After this period he stayed there for over 4 Years and returned to Holland.
Because he was interested in seeing more of this world he joined the Canadian forces in Germany as a civilian.
Then he somehow ended up in the USA at the Hally Burton Oil Company and traveled the world as a seismologists formally searching for a way to retrieve oil in the dessert of Libia and other country's.
I can inform you that all my work released on this website is dedicated to Mr. Arnaud Cornelius de Jong, November 5, 1927-September 4, 2008

Peter.

Photograph of Arnaud and my daughters Renee,7-Beau,5 taken in his garden on 18-06-2008

Attachment: dscn4596_small_4340.jpg
Size: 42.71 KB

"Think not only upon there passing...Remember the GLORY of their spirit"
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Skype
doug wilber
September 8, 2008, 1:00pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Peter, Sorry to hear the loss of your good friend Mr. Armand de Jong. I hope people
will learn something from his work and the story of the downing of the Queen City.
Please give my regards to his family.

doug wilber
E-mail Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

thewoundingofcharliewilber.com Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  A veteran passed away